- Go to: http://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/download.html
- Click 'Download'.
- Choose an edition to download. We suggest downloading the portable version.
- Save the file.
- Extract all files and run the executable!
Connecting to SSH
- Click on 'Sessions' tab.
- Select 'New session'
- Click on 'SSH'
- Fill in the information.
Note: for the remote host, you may choose any of our front-end machines.
- A terminal should be displayed, and you will be prompted to enter your password.
- You are now connected!
Relaunching Saved Sessions
When you first launch MobaXterm, you should see your saved sessions on the left side.
You can also access them from the sessions tab highlighted below.
Searching for A String/Text in A Terminal
From 'Terminal' tab, click on 'Find in terminal'. It will open a window where you can enter the text you want to find.
Saving Terminal Output
You may choose to print, save, or screenshot the terminal. Simply, click on 'Terminal' tab. Then you can choose to perform any of the above techniques.
Downloading From AFS
To download a file from your AFS space to your local machine, select a file, then click on the 'download' icon highlighted below.
Uploading to AFS
To upload a file from your local machine to your AFS space, click on the upload icon highlighted below, then select a file to upload.
Running A Module with GUI
- Load the module you wish to use, for our example 'matlab'.
- Launch the module you loaded.
- You are good to go!