How To Connect
- IF YOU ARE RECONNECTING WITHIN A FEW MINUTES OF DISCONNECTING, PLEASE CLICK ON THE Reconnecting LINK
1. If you have one connection, click "Connect" as your only connection is already highlighted. If you have more than one connection, highlight the appropriate one, then click "Connect".
2. Enter your ND Username and Password. There is a check box to remember password if you would like.
3. The following applies to the screen "Custom Session".
- You can click "Continue" using the defaults (then type "aklog" in the terminal that opens to allow commands). Or you can choose "Run the following command", enter "aklog; xterm" and check the box "Save this setting in the connection file" for future connections.
You're about to connect, however, as of September 30, 2014 there is no "token granted" for running commands on CRC nodes. The following are the choices you have in order to be granted a token:
- "Run the console" or "Run the default X client script on the server": After you choose one of those two options and click "Continue", the terminal window opens (after a few seconds). You must then enter the "aklog" command in order to be granted access to file manipulation. Simple commands (such as 'ls') cannot be executed until a token is granted with "aklog".
- "Run the following command": You should enter "aklog; xterm". You can enter "xterm", but then you must enter "aklog" after the terminal opens. IF YOU DO NOT ENTER THE COMMAND "xterm", NO WINDOW WILL OPEN. You will then have to start over (because there is no terminal to open).
- "Run the command in a floating window": This is defaulted to open a terminal window as expected.
- "Run the command in a virtual desktop": This option is not recommended. However, if you choose to do so, follow the onscreen prompts that explain what to expect.
Please refer to the Disconnecting link