Back to the Parent Page
Bertini is a general-purpose solver, written in C, that was created for research about polynomial continuation.
- Finds isolated solutions using total-degree start systems, multihomogeneous-degree start systems, and also user defined homotopies.
- Implements parameter continuation for families of systems, such as the inverse kinematics of six-revolute serial-link arms, or the forward kinematics of Stewart-Gough parallel-link robots.
- Adaptive multiprecision implemented for finding isolated solutions and for the numerical irreducible decomposition.
- Treats positive-dimensional solutions by computing witness sets.
- Has automatic differentiation which preserves the straightline quality of an input system.
- Uses homogenization to accurately compute solutions "at infinity."
- Provides a fractional power-series endgame to accurately compute singular roots
- Allows for subfunctions.
- Allows for witness set manipulation via both sampling and membership testing.
- Accepts square or nonsquare systems.
module load bertini bertini ~/path/to/FILE_NAME
If no file is specified, Bertini will use the file named input in the current working directory.
Submitting Multicore Jobs with Bertini
The parallel versions of Bertini were written using MPI.
To submit multicore Bertini jobs, use the following template:
#!/bin/csh #$ -M email@example.com # Email address for job notification #$ -m abe # Send mail when job begins, ends and aborts #$ -pe mpi-24 24 # Specify parallel environment and legal core size #$ -q long # Specify queue #$ -N job_name # Specify job name module load bertini # Required modules mpirun -np $NSLOTS bertini INPUT_FILE_NAME # Application to execute
See the official website: Bertini